Midnight Status, L.L.C.
Based in Norfolk, Virginia
Nintendo Wii U
Swap Fire's a shooter with a literal twist. Shooting other players rips a hole in spacetime thus swapping your locations. You'll have to commit to losing in order to win in Drop Zone, manage spacetime to dominate the map in Control Point, master the art of teleportation to go for the gold in Swoccer, and much more!
The year is 2139. Retro Quantum Industries (RQI) has invented the next wave of transportation. Forget autonomous vehicles, these scientists invented teleportation! Unfortunately, even 2139's technologically advanced citizens are terrified to have their bodies teleported through time and space. After spending billions of dollars on R + D, the company cannot afford commercial failure.
The solution is Swap Fire! A high stakes game show, featuring teenage contestants utilizing RQI's teleportation technology. Sales and usage of consumer grade personal teleporters spiked after the first season of Swap Fire, in which Justin Agitprop was crowned as the Swap Fire Valedictorian. Now, it's time for season two. The fans are eager and the executives at RQI are more so!
Swap Fire was originally created for the first 7 Day FPS Challenge during June 2012. The swapping mechanic came to Jeremy Alessi as soon as he heard about a game jam dedicated to innovation in the FPS space. Within 7 days Jeremy had created an online networked game with all the trappings including the originally conceived mechanic and better still, it worked! One aspect of the game jam prototype still bothered Jeremy though. It had taken a rather dark turn with the assets used for the jam game containing lots of spikes and some medieval gore. Jeremy ceased to move forward on the game until 3 years later when he met Henry Meredith.
Both Jeremy and Henry are huge Nintendo fans and for the past year Jeremy has been a Nintendo approved indie developer. He just didn’t know what to make. As they went through several of the prototypes Jeremy had created it was obvious that Swap Fire was the most interesting and fun. Now, Midnight Status is officially on the road to deliver Swap Fire for the Nintendo Wii U during by the end of 2016. The game will feature the same great mechanics from the original 7DFPS jam game but with an all new narrative and aesthetic.
- Wii U exclusive shooter
- Crazy fun couch multiplayer for up to 5 friends
- Innovative "shoot to swap" mechanic is just as much about psychology as it is about reflexes
- Announce the game as the commentator using the Wii U GamePad
- 4 tournament cups
- 9 unique multiplayer modes
- Narrative driven single player training/puzzle mode
- Top secret secrets!
Shoot to Swap YouTube
On Popped YouTube
Swap Fire Halloween Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "It’s like Goldeneye met and fell in love with Portal, then they had a baby with a little bit of crazy Smash Bros-like unpredictability."
- Kevin, PSVG
- "Swap Fire is a Wii U shooter that wants to redefine the genre"
- Matt Kamen, Wired UK
- "A good game, especially if you have local friends for multiplayer fun."
- Daniel Fugate, Games Reviews
- "Interview: Midnight Status talks Wii U First-Person Shooter Swap Fire"
- Justin Tomann, 8-Worlds News
- "Just heard about this from mynintendonews.com, sounds interesting! I'm always up for a multiplayer shorter with a twist! :)"
- anastazius99, YouTube
- "I had an amazing time playing this game at SSC16. Look forward to release so I can play against my friends!"
- PepeFe, YouTube
I need a shooter on my Wii U that isn't COD or Splatoon.
- Alex Mott, YouTube
- "FALL 2016
OMG SO HYPED"
- Vincent C., YouTube
- "I want this game so much omg"
- Vincent C., YouTube
- "Is it sad I am getting a Wii U just for this game"
- Thomas Ryan Slack, Facebook
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Midnight Status, L.L.C. allows for the contents of Swap Fire to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Swap Fire is legally & explicitly allowed by Midnight Status, L.L.C.. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.swapfire.net/presskit/sheet.php?p=swap_fire.
About Midnight Status, L.L.C.
Studio that aims to deliver games that attain ‘midnight status’ - when a game is so great that people wait up all night to get it.
More information on Midnight Status, L.L.C., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Swap Fire Credits
Direction / Founder
Production / Design
2D Art, Freelance
2D Art, Freelance
3D Art, Freelance